Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Favorite Dishes at My Favorite Restaurant: Z'Tejas

Z'Tejas is my wife's and my favorite restaurant. There are a few dishes I highly recommend, including many appetizers; note that (in SLC) appetizers are half-price before 7 PM... we often go and just get a meal of those.
  • Appetizers
    • Grilled Shrimp & Guacamole Tostada Bites
    • Cast-Iron Skillet Dumplings
    • Crab & Spinach Skillet - new on their"spring" menu, and ends on June 7

  • Entrees
    • Diablo Chicken Pasta
    • Chorizo-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
    • Ancho-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin - usually not available, so if you see it on special, get it!
Now, I don't know the deal with the Crab & Spinach Skillet, and why it's not a permanent part of the menu. I was blown away by the taste, and that's my new favorite dish... so I'm hoping others will enjoy it enough that we can make it permanent! At least, here in SLC. ;-)

A friend just recommended the Gorgonzola New York Strip, so I'll try that if I ever go out of my comfort zone.

Cheers!

BTW, @ZTejas on Twitter is very active, replying to people's comments, which reminded me that I wanted to wrote this post. Plus the fact that they post the recipes for some of their dishes... I'm impressed. (If they put their news items in RSS, I'd follow it.)

No comments: