Monday, May 4, 2009

My winner for to-do task lists: Toodledo

FYI: I've settled on Toodledo.com to manage all my tasks. It has a good interface and many ways to display my tasks, and there's an Android app for my G1 (even though I usually just browse to their web page). Oh, and it's got a free subscription level.

Here are the few improvements I'd like to see:
  • There's no "edit task" screen; you edit everything on the list page... which isn't necessarily bad, just something to get accustomed to... except that the next problem comes into play because...
  • You choose the fields to use, and that's what shows everywhere. When I hid some of the fields (like tags, because I didn't use them on the main screen), suddenly I couldn't edit the tags and I couldn't view by tag (across the top). This may not be a huge problem either since I can resize the columns on the list view; I'll just have to get used to it.
  • I'd like to have multiple (or hierarchial) contexts for a task, such as "shopping" and also "shopping-grocery" (vs. "shopping-auto"). So I'm actually using the tags to store my contexts.
  • I could use an Android app that sorts according to the Toodledo importance sorting.
This post is definitely heavy on the criticism, but I highly recommend Toodledo.

No comments: